We have a vacancy of Process Operator Evaps 3 / Crystalliser in our company, Sappi. This vacancy is based in South Africa. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Process Operator Evaps 3 / Crystalliser
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: South Africa
URL Expiry: 2021-12-15
Posted on: Jobsoffices.com/za
Sappi Southern Africa
[[title]] ( [[jobGrade]] )
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Process Operator to safely and efficiently operate the equipment and ensure optimum production output and quality at the best cost with minimum downtime.
This role reports to the Shift Superintendent.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Take and hand over shift
- Controls and audit the outside operating parameters functionality of all equipment.
- Completes the Pre-start-up inspection of all equipment
- Perform isolations on machines/equipment as and when required
- Shut down machine/equipment as per required shut down procedure
- Report operating problems and abnormal plant conditions i.e. power failures, breakdowns and operating problems and corrective action taken to the process controller
- Reports and record potential and actual production delays to the process controller
- Regularly inspects all equipment in the plant for potential problems each shift, assisted by the shift checklist and ensures corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Take samples as and when required
- Evaluate data inputs of previous shift and react accordingly
- Check quality sheets and exception reports
- Understand the forecast of the shift
- Evaluate external plant influences and communicate to the shift superintendent
- Optimize plant status within current constrains
- Perform rate changes as and when required
- Ensure all equipment defects are actioned immediately
- Ensure corrective action on all non-conformances
- Adhere to instructions and operating procedures
- Ensure all equipment defects are attended to immediately
- Perform housekeeping with the team – focus on the area of responsibility
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric (Maths and Physical Science) or N3 Pulp and Paper
- S4 in Chemical Engineering or in Pulp and Paper will be advantageous
- Relevant plant licence
- 3 months relevant experience
At Sappi, we are vaccinated and expect all new employees to be vaccinated when joining our One Sappi family. Show us your support by submitting your vaccine card when applying for our vacancies.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.