Software Engineer II (Backend)
At Careem, we are driven by the purpose of simplifying the lives of people and building an awesome organization that inspires. Based in Dubai, we started our journey as a pioneer of the Middle Easts ride-hailing economy.
Today, Careem is the regions everyday Super App operational in 13 countries and over 100 cities. The Super App provides a host of daily services that people need to move around, to order things and to transfer money in one unified smartphone app. Our goal is to simplify peoples daily lives so that they can spend their precious time and mindshare on things that really matter and on realizing their potential. Our mission is to build engineering as an institution that nurtures talent into world class engineers.
About The Role
We are looking for software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will work alongside top talent for an accelerated learning path. You will have access to some of the most exciting projects and advanced tech for accelerated learning and exposure.
You will be responsible for automating the different workflows that our commercial and country teams use to drive growth and adoption, balance marketplaces and drive efficiencies in the way we operate. You will be building highly scalable distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
Key Responsibilities Include
Our tech stack is Java 8 and Spring Boot, Micro-Service Architecture, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure.
- Development of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast-growing business
- Build and operate features and systems, with an emphasis on code quality, maintainability, readability, and testing
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our platform
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
Requirement Summary :
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field.
- 3-5 years of experience in Object-oriented design, data-structures and algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java and server-side technologies (must love coding!)
- Fluency with software engineering tools
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Able to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems
- Web services & APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Experience of Micro services & building scalable and reliable platforms
- Experience with cloud-centric application development and deployment (AWS preferred)
- Experience with docker and devops technologies (jenkins)
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics and probability theory
Age Limit (Years):