Project Officer (Infrastructure) / 190630 JobsPrivate Job Asian Development Bank
The Project Officer (Infrastructure) actively contributes to the PRM and HQ Sector Division by handling loans and technical assistance (TA) processing and sector work (mainly Transport and Urban & Water, may also include other relevant sectors), leading loan and TA administration, and supporting PRMs relevant country portfolio management activities. The position will report to designated International Staff and senior national staff
Project & TA Processing
- Provides support to loan fact-finding and appraisal missions, including but not limited to review of technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data compilation and project costing, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
- Where assigned to assume the lead role under guidance in the processing of specific loans and TAs, actively takes initiative and responsibility to engage with ADB HQ, Government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate the successful formulation and processing of ADB-financed loan and TA projects.
- Provides team leadership (where assigned as lead) by facilitating work planning, delivery and reviews with the team.
- Administers and monitors the progress of assigned projects and prepares project performance reports.
- Prepares and updates forecasts of contract awards & disbursements, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls and expediting achievement of target levels where possible.
- Identifies issues and takes actions to address them through interactions with executing agencies (EAs), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries; prepares measures to address the issues and implementing the measures.
- Prepares internal procurement papers, review of procurement documents including draft technical designs and cost estimates, and papers for extension of loan closing dates, reallocation of loan proceeds, changes in scope and implementation arrangements, and other project administration tasks.
- Provides advice to government ministries, EAs and sector entities on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, preparation of tender documents, etc. to ensure effective implementation.
- Assists EAs in the areas listed above for project administered by various sector divisions in the HQ.
- Leads or assists in the preparation of Project Completion Reports and TA completion Reports as assigned.
- Supports or participates in Project Review or Country Portfolio Review missions as a mission member when required
- Provides support for policy dialogues with government on policy matters and institutional issues.
- Maintains close cooperation with other international donors and undertakes meetings and consultations with them, especially in areas relating to donor coordination and harmonization in sector work.
- Contributes to sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating information on the assigned sector, analyzing financial, institutional or economics uses, and preparing reports on the subjects.
- Leads or assists in the preparation of sector assessments within the context of development aid effectiveness and national sector strategy to be utilized for programming purposes.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes, organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors.
- Prepares inputs for sector database for portfolio management.
- Where required, acts as the focal point for the assigned sector(s) and maintains close relationships with the relevant Government agencies and HQ staff.
- Helps to organize, contributes to, supports, and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Organizes and conducts training workshops for EAs in areas relating to procurement and project administration/management.
- Produces reports, as required, on the tasks undertaken in relation to the above.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbents workplan.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related disciplines; preferably with masters degree or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation; and at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated expertise and experience within the assigned sector
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / construction supervision / contract management /project implementation / project completion) is desirable
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes
- Effective report-writing and strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Able to guide administrative staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff Levels 2
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADBs standards and computation, taking into account the selected individuals qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to Pakistan nationals and residents.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Age Limit (Years):