Laboratory Assistant JobsPrivate Job United Nations Pakistan
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, Pakistan for administrative matters, and under the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health officer, and the Laboratory Supervisor for technical matters. The incumbent will be responsible for laboratory services delivery with respect to migration health assessments (HAP) and other programmes implemented by the IOM Migration Health Division in Islamabad.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To perform all basic tests available in the laboratory as per standard operating procedures including daily quality control and maintain proper record.
- To assist in specimen collection, testing and reagent preparation for laboratory.
- To assist in serological laboratory testing.
- To perform his/her duties with strict adherence to bio-safety measures, data protection and practice the principles of confidentiality in all aspects of his work.
- To assist in all others laboratory tests available in the laboratory or as assigned.
- To assist in cleaning and general maintenance of the laboratory equipment’s.
- To assist in daily Preparation of required Laboratory solutions/reagents.
- To assist in proper laboratory waste disposal.
- To assist in maintenance of temperature charts on all required instruments.
- To assisting in store keeping and maintain all log books.
- To assist in accurate recording on log books and entry of results of all examinations into laboratory database.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory.
- Computer literate with understanding of accurate data collection for monitoring and continuous improvement of services and performance.
- Good awareness of the laboratory role in health systems, optimal use of resources for quality and efficient services delivery.
- Fluency in English and Urdu
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (F.Sc MLT) from an accredited academic institution
- Urdu and any other local language
Age Limit (Years):
- @ Swat University of Engineering and Technology (SUET)
- Pakistan,Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Laborer / Worker / Operator