Gender Advisor Islamabad JobsPrivate Job United Nations Pakistan
UN Women Pakistan is supporting national and provincial partners to end violence against women (EVAW) by strengthening rule of law, enhancing womens access to justice, services and safe spaces and for this work requires the services of a Gender Advisor who will support the activities of the EVAW, Governance and Human Rights Unit and provide technical input and advice for development and review of materials including, policies, proposals, plans, and knowledge products as well as the planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the Units interventions.
UN Women Pakistan is seeking to hire a Gender Advisor to support the roll out and implementation of its Rule of Law programme under the UN Women EVAW unit. The Advisor will be required to provide technical assistance including development of policy guidelines, advisory briefs and other related material to support the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of all the activities under this programme.
Under the direct supervision of the Portfolio Manager, the Gender Advisor will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide high level advice, guidance and technical input to the RoL programme being implemented by the EVAW Unit
- Lead the strategy development for strengthening RoL institutions and justice/ security sector stakeholders in KP and Balochistan;
- Coordinate and support the activities in the inception phase to finalize the interventions for the duration of the project
- Develop concept notes, position papers, briefing notes, or other material as needed
- Review materials developed by team members (including Country Office and Provincial Sub Offices) or received from external partners to provide valuable input, incorporating a gender, human rights and rule of law lens for quality knowledge products and documents
- Coordinate closely with EVAW Unit colleagues at country office and provincial sub-offices for providing guidance to programme planning and implementation
- Participate in meetings/ events with government and other partners to keep them engaged in planned and ongoing activities and chalk out the way forward
- Undertake thorough technical review and quality assurance of all knowledge products (including but not limited to: Training materials, capacity assessments, studies/ data collection on RoL and VAW)
- Support the coordination between partner UN agencies (UNDP and UNODC) as well as the donor (EU) for ensuring that the project activities are rolled out smoothly and in line with the donor agreement
- Coordinate regularly with partners working on similar interventions to obtain information and develop collaboration as relevant
- Liaise with EVAW experts in Regional Office on Asia Pacific/ UN Women HQ to get their technical input as needed
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Masters Degree in public policy, public administration, gender studies, social sciences or other relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience with specific emphasis on womens rights, gender, human rights and Governance;
- Proven experience in a policy advisory role;
- Experience working with the Government, UN and other international organizations would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and Urdu (with excellent written proficiency is mandatory)
The incumbent will be required to travel frequently to field locations in Pakistan
Age Limit (Years):