Core & Telco Cloud Operations Expert JobsPrivate Job Telenor
Employment Type: It’s a Full time/permanent role
Last Day to Apply: 18th January 2021
Your Impactful Goals will Include:
- Ensure Smooth Operations & Maintenance of Telenor Pakistan Core Network and its underlying platforms
- Work towards enhancing and retaining excellent customer experience
- Take initiatives proactively to achieve the KPIs set by management
Your Typical day at work
- OAM of Core network and THC nodes
- Governance of overall day to day tasks in the core domain
- Contribute to high and low level design of existing native and future cloud based platforms, including all Core Network domains (CS, PS, IMS, etc.)
- Develop performance reporting related to Core Network platforms
- Execution & follow up of Work orders for modification / expansions, troubleshooting activities etc.
- KPI / alarms / Health check / traffic and resource utilization reports analysis
- Traffic report analysis in order to identify KPI deviation and capacity issues
- Coordinate with peer teams to enhance the work environment and collaboration among teams
- Involve International Roaming Testing and coordination with roaming partners for trouble shooting
- Effective technical coordination with CDC as well as vendors support teams to resolve network critical issues on fast track.
- Monthly/Weekly Management KPI report trend analysis and provide expert opinion on chronic issues
- Technical reviews and Product key features analysis to be share further with relevant teams
- Manage to conduct product/Network technical workshops in order to help in building Technical team competence building.
- Evaluation and validation of all kind of upgrade procedures and processes in coordination with CDC Teams, vendors/OEMs etc.
- Extensive support to Management in making Network related technical decision
- Manage multiple concurrent cross functional projects
- Management of network audits and processes
- Education :
Minimum Degree: Bachelors or Masters Degree in the area of Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering / Computer Sciences or Telecom from a reputed/recognized University
Certifications: RHCSA, RedHat Certified Engineer, RHOP, CCNA/CCNP, COA
- Work experience :
8+ years of experience in CS/PS Core domain along with cloud infrastructure. At least 4 years experience in Operations. Work experience with VoLTE/IMS shall be an add on.
Potential Career Path
- Advisor / Senior Advisor Core
- Manager VNF & Core Operations
- Manager Core and Cloud Planning
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas
- Expert level Core network Operations experiences
- Excellent knowledge of 2G/3G/4G products and features
- Excellent understating and handling skills of VNFs in a Telco. cloud environment
- Strong understanding of CS/PS and Core architecture
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Core related protocols
- Expert level knowledge and experience with PCC (DPI, PCRF & SPR etc.) within EPC network and Diameter/service based charging and relevant interfaces, especially Gy, Gx and Sy interfaces
- Excellent understanding and experience of using protocol standards like IETF RFCs, 3GPP TS etc.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of 3GPP releases, supported technologies/features and proposed network architectures
- Excellent Understanding of all services flows in core domain for 2G/3G/LTE network
- Excellent understanding of SS7, Diameter, SIP protocols and architectures
- Good knowledge of various cloud and virtualization technologies (open stack, VMware, KVM )
- Understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies
- Clear understanding of core network applications/ VNFs and architecture
- Good Understanding of software defined networks (SDN) , IP networks, switching and routing protocols, management protocols and tools, security procedures etc.
- Understanding for 5G Core network roadmap and standards.
- Deployment and management of virtual infrastructure. (RHOP)
- Abilities to debug kernel level logs of Linux machines/VMs
- Automation is a plus via Ansible, puppet, bash scripting, python etc.
- Good understanding and experience of network dimensioning and scaling
- Knowledge and work experience on IMS / VoLTE will be a plus
- Good Project management skills
- Strong Problem analysis, investigation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills (Verbal/Written/Presentation)
- Ability to work independently under demanding situations
Why should you join Telenor
At Telenor Pakistan, we provide you the platform to work in a challenging and rewarding environment to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. As one of the top employers of the country, we enable you to realize your dreams in a collaborative environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
As an equal employment opportunity provider, Telenor Pakistan makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit. As an equal employment opportunity provider, Telenor Pakistan makes all decisions of employment purely based on merit irrespective of race, caste, gender, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
Age Limit (Years):